Our fourth annual AQB Swim-a-Thon will be held on December 7th (Wildrose) and the 11th (NAG) 2016! During regular training time, all Aquabelles athletes will combine their conditioning with fun and fundraising in our annual club fundraiser, the AQB Swim-a-Thon!
The AQB Swim-a-Thon is the Club’s official fundraising event for the year and a great opportunity for our athletes to get involved with helping to support the club they love! For 2016/17, the fundraising goal of the AQB Swim-a-Thon is for each swimmer to raise $200, with hopes of far exceeding that amount!
SO, HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Each family receives an AQB Swim-a-Thon pledge sheet. Swimmers are encouraged to get involved and help collect pledges from family, friends, and corporate sponsors – either for a fixed amount or a per length pledge.
2. Once the event is complete, all pledge sheets with funds must be turned in to the Aquabelles Office or Greg Hansen at Talisman. Payment may be made with the cash collected, via online payment through your account (please email the office with the scanned pledge sheet and total so Irene knows what it is for!) or with one cheque made out to Calgary Aquabelles. All pledge forms and funds must be turned in by December 16th.
3. There will be prizes given in December after the event for the swimmer in each age group (WR 10&U, 12&U and 13-15, NAG 13-15 and Junior) who swims the most lengths in the hour. We also have door prizes at both venues and snacks and drinks for the athletes after their swim.
4. For both Wildrose and NAG, there is a grand prize draw as well. Athletes are given one entry into the draw for raising the minimum $200 amount. An extra draw entry is given for every additional $25 raised.
5. All funds raised will go towards supporting the Club and are not distributed back to swimmer accounts.
6. The Calgary Aquabelles Synchronized Swimming Club is a registered non-profit organization but is not a designated charitable organization and thus unable to issue tax receipts for donations. All the money raised from the AQB Swim-a-Thon is used to help offset the cost of pool rental fees, coaching fees, equipment, and other expenses.
Please note, as this is a mandatory fundraiser, $200 is the minimum amount that is required for each registered athlete. If your swimmer is unable to participate December, the $200 donation is still required to be submitted. Amounts still outstanding on April 30th, 2017 will result in a $300 posting to the swimmer’s account on the May 2017 statement.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
We have a couple of ways to sign up on VolunteerSpot:
1. Volunteer to count lengths at Inglewood pool on December 7th starting at 4:45 pm… we need at least 2 counters per lane at both Inglewood and Talisman.
2. Volunteer to count lengths at Talisman pool on December 11th starting at 8:45 am… we need at least 2 counters per lane at both Inglewood and Talisman
3. Volunteer to bring snacks or drinks for the athletes after they finish.
Watch for the VolunteerSpot invitation coming out soon to sign up!