For the second year, the
Calgary Aquabelles Synchronized Swimming Club and the Repsol Sport Centre have
partnered to offer this summer’s most fun and exciting synchronized swimming
Campers will discover the passion for this unique sport though a fun and engaging program highlighting the fundamental skills of synchronized swimming.
Coaches for this program are
from the Calgary Aquabelles, an organization with fifty years of synchronized
swimming expertise, camp administration and registration is done through Repsol
an organization known for world-class sport activity.
Synchronized swimming appeals to boys and girls who love to swim, enjoys music, and likes to dance or do gymnastics. The sport combines all of these things into one. It fosters fun and friendships as the swimmers learn skills together while supporting one another’s progress.
The camp is open to boys and girls ages 7 to 12 who would like to try synchronized swimming for the first time. Swimmers must be comfortable in deep water and able to swim 25 meters without assistance.
These full day camps will operate Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm on the following weeks:
Jul 17-Jul 21
July 31-Aug 4
Aug 14-Aug 18
Camp costs is
$283 for Repsol Members and $332 for Non Members.
Try Synchro Session will be held at the Inglewood Pool from 5:30pm to 6:30pm on
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Monday, June 5th, 2017
Wednesday June 7th, 2017
The Calgary Aquabelles are offering free synchronized swimming sessions to give boys and girls aged 7 through 12 the opportunity to try out this unique sport, no strings attached. Your child can spend two hours learning fundamental synchronized swimming moves in a fun and supportive environment. This program offers parents a “safe” way for their child to try this sport before committing to a camp, pre-competitive or competitive program.
Our fourth annual AQB Swim-a-Thon will be held on December 7th (Wildrose) and the 11th (NAG) 2016! During regular training time, all Aquabelles athletes will combine their conditioning with fun and fundraising in our annual club fundraiser, the AQB Swim-a-Thon!
The AQB Swim-a-Thon is the Club’s official fundraising event for the year and a great opportunity for our athletes to get involved with helping to support the club they love! For 2016/17, the fundraising goal of the AQB Swim-a-Thon is for each swimmer to raise $200, with hopes of far exceeding that amount!
SO, HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Each family receives an AQB Swim-a-Thon pledge sheet. Swimmers are encouraged to get involved and help collect pledges from family, friends, and corporate sponsors – either for a fixed amount or a per length pledge.
2. Once the event is complete, all pledge sheets with funds must be turned in to the Aquabelles Office or Greg Hansen at Talisman. Payment may be made with the cash collected, via online payment through your account (please email the office with the scanned pledge sheet and total so Irene knows what it is for!) or with one cheque made out to Calgary Aquabelles. All pledge forms and funds must be turned in by December 16th.
3. There will be prizes given in December after the event for the swimmer in each age group (WR 10&U, 12&U and 13-15, NAG 13-15 and Junior) who swims the most lengths in the hour. We also have door prizes at both venues and snacks and drinks for the athletes after their swim.
4. For both Wildrose and NAG, there is a grand prize draw as well. Athletes are given one entry into the draw for raising the minimum $200 amount. An extra draw entry is given for every additional $25 raised.
5. All funds raised will go towards supporting the Club and are not distributed back to swimmer accounts.
6. The Calgary Aquabelles Synchronized Swimming Club is a registered non-profit organization but is not a designated charitable organization and thus unable to issue tax receipts for donations. All the money raised from the AQB Swim-a-Thon is used to help offset the cost of pool rental fees, coaching fees, equipment, and other expenses.
Please note, as this is a mandatory fundraiser, $200 is the minimum amount that is required for each registered athlete. If your swimmer is unable to participate December, the $200 donation is still required to be submitted. Amounts still outstanding on April 30th, 2017 will result in a $300 posting to the swimmer’s account on the May 2017 statement.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
We have a couple of ways to sign up on VolunteerSpot:
1. Volunteer to count lengths at Inglewood pool on December 7th starting at 4:45 pm… we need at least 2 counters per lane at both Inglewood and Talisman.
2. Volunteer to count lengths at Talisman pool on December 11th starting at 8:45 am… we need at least 2 counters per lane at both Inglewood and Talisman
3. Volunteer to bring snacks or drinks for the athletes after they finish.
Watch for the VolunteerSpot invitation coming out soon to sign up!
This is your opportunity to get Up Close and Personal with Synchronized Swimming Olympians and World Champions as the Calgary Aquabelles Celebrate 50 Years of Excellence on Friday, October 21st from 7pm – 930pm at a Special Watershow Featuring Athletes Through the Decades and a VIP Reception.
Your table purchase of $250.00 includes:
- 4 tickets for you and your family / friends to join one special guest from our roster of
prolific synchronized swimming champions. Imagine sitting with an Olympian or World
Champion while you take in the spectacular Water show. Listen to the personal stories
of hard work, determination and perseverance highlighting unique journeys to the top.
- Enjoy Premium seating at a Poolside table – truly, the best water show seats in the
house. Only 8 tables are available for this Event. Only 40 people will have this
opportunity – the first time in 50 years!
- Enjoy mixing and mingling with Olympians, World Champions and VIPs at a Reception in
the Foundation Lounge following the water show.
At no time in the history of Canadian Synchronized Swimming has a gathering of champions of this calibre been assembled. This elite group of accomplished athletes and their coaches have been instrumental in placing synchronized swimming, The Calgary Aquabelles and Canada on the global stage.
Our special roster of attendees includes:
- Carolyn Waldo – 2 x Olympic Gold, 1 x Olympic Silver, World Champion in solo, duet and team
- Michelle Cameron – Olympic Gold and World Champion in Duet and Team
- Kelly Kryczka – Olympic Silver, World champion in Duet and Team
- Sharon Hambrook – Olympic Silver, World Champion Duet
- Helen Vanderburg – World Champion Solo and Duet
- Michelle Calkins – World Champion Duet
- Karen Fonteyne – Olympic Silver
- Cari Read Din – Olympic Silver
- Karen Clark – Olympic Silver
- Reidun Tathum – Olympic Bronze
Olympic and World Championship Coaches
- Mary Ann Reeves – Founder of the Club
- Debbie Muir - One of the original Calgary Aquamaids (the original name)
- Honoree – Coach - International Swimming Hall of Fame (2007)
- Michelle Calkins – Honoree – Swimmer - International Swimming Hall of Fame (2001)
Don’t miss this opportunity. A select number of tables are available for a limited time only.
To purchase a table contact: Catherine Burdett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 587-434-9009
Individual tickets at the door priced at $25 per ticket.
Attention all Aquabelles past and present! The date has been set for the 50th Anniversary for the Calgary Aquabelles. This event will bring together swimmers, coaches, judges, family and friends to celebrate the accomplishments and reflect on memories from the past 50 years.
Who: Current and past Aquabelles, Aquamums, as well as parents of past and present Aquabelles.
What: A gathering of Aquabelle generations for Appetizers, drinks (cash bar), and a look back and celebration of Aquabelle history.
Where: Strathcona Community Center - 277 Strathcona Drive SW
When: October 22, 2016 @ 6:30pm
How? Go to https://www.picatic.com/aquabelles50th and get your tickets today!
For more information please email email@example.com
For immediate release:
April 25, 2016
Calgary Aquabelles to host 2016 Shiseido Canadian Open Synchronized SwimmingChampionships
Calgary, April 25, 2016 – More than 225 synchronized swimmers from across Canada and the Americas will be at Calgary’s Talisman Centre, April 27 - May 1, for Synchro Canada’s 2016 Canadian Open Championships. The championships are the culmination of the 2016competitive season for Canadian junior (16-18) and senior athletes who will be competing for national crowns in 10 different events over the course of the week.
The athletes will represent 24 clubs from five countries and eight Canadian provinces during the championships hosted by the Calgary Aquabelles under the leadership of Synchro Canada.
Over 100 coaches and officials will also be on hand.
The Welcome Ceremony featuring all athletes and officials who will be taking part in the event will be held on Thursday, April 28 at 2:30 pm. The Calgary Tower will also be displaying special red and white LED lighting on Thursday to send a special Calgary welcome to the participants.
Strong local participation
Seventeen athletes will represent the host club, the Calgary Aquabelles, including Halle Pratt, Paige Hopper and Cassandra Winkelaar who have recently been named to the Junior National team which will represent Canada at the FINA Junior World Championships in Kazan, Russia,this summer.
They will be looking to uphold the club’s strong tradition of excellence on the national scene.17-year old Pratt will be defending her national crown in solo while the Aquabelles combo team will be going for a 6th consecutive Canadian title. The Junior team, which came in first place in last month’s National Qualifier in Quebec City, will also be vying for gold.
Representation from Colombia, Mexico, Puerto Rico and USA
The Championships will have an international flavour with the participation of athletes from the USA, Mexico, Colombia and Puerto Rico who will be taking part in both junior and senior events.
Gala of Champions
The 2016 Shiseido Canadian Open will conclude with the presentation of a Gala of Champions on Saturday, April 30, at 6 pm. This special watershow will feature the national champions from some of the events held during the week, the international athletes and teams as well as a few surprises.
All-event packages will be available at the door for $30. Single day tickets for April 27 - April 30 will be sold for $12.
Schedules, results, and a live webstream of all events for the 2016 Canadian Open Championships will be available online at www.shiseidoopen2016.com .
For more information, contact:
Director of Public Relations
Ph. (403) 830-8943