Calling all boys and girls ages 7 - 12. It has never been easier to see what this sport is all about! The Aquabelles are have four upcoming Intro to Synchro lessons conveniently located at the following pools:
Inglewood Pool - Nov 24 from 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Calgary Jewish Community Centre - Nov 25 from 3 - 4 pm
Inglewood Pool - Dec 1 from 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Spray Lake Sawmills Family Sports Centre in Cochrane - Dec 2 from 2 - 3 pm
RSVP for your spot today by emailing email@example.com
Our season is now underway! Girls and boys are in the pool, but don’t let that hold you back if you are interested in trying Artistic Swimming (Synchro) with the Aquabelles. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (403) 209-2941 and we can figure out the best options for you. We welcome experienced Synchronized swimmers and those who would like to try it out.
See you at the pool!
August 28 to 31, 2017 Repsol Sport Centre
The Calgary Aquabelles Shape Camp is open to ALL competitive synchronized swimmers and is designed for both Wildrose and National Age Group levels wishing to get back into shape prior to the start of the competitive season.
The camp focuses on building cardiovascular capacity, flexibility and foundational synchronized swimming skills (figures and routine skills).
The Wildrose athletes will swim from 9am to Noon. Please pack a swimsuit, towel, water bottle and morning snack.
The National Age Group athletes will swim from 9am – 4pm. Please pack a swimsuit, towel, water bottle, shorts, t-shirt, running shoes, snack and lunch.
Registration for Shape Camp can be done by visiting the Shape Camp page on this website.
The Calgary Aquabelles is now accepting Expression of Interest applications for the 2017-2018 Wildrose and National Age Group season!
For registration information:
Your expression of interest will be reviewed and you will be contacted as soon as possible. Please note that we are currently working on our detailed programming and fee structures. If you have questions please contact us.
For the second year, the
Calgary Aquabelles Synchronized Swimming Club and the Repsol Sport Centre have
partnered to offer this summer’s most fun and exciting synchronized swimming
Campers will discover the passion for this unique sport though a fun and engaging program highlighting the fundamental skills of synchronized swimming.
Coaches for this program are
from the Calgary Aquabelles, an organization with fifty years of synchronized
swimming expertise, camp administration and registration is done through Repsol
an organization known for world-class sport activity.
Synchronized swimming appeals to boys and girls who love to swim, enjoys music, and likes to dance or do gymnastics. The sport combines all of these things into one. It fosters fun and friendships as the swimmers learn skills together while supporting one another’s progress.
The camp is open to boys and girls ages 7 to 12 who would like to try synchronized swimming for the first time. Swimmers must be comfortable in deep water and able to swim 25 meters without assistance.
These full day camps will operate Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm on the following weeks:
Jul 17-Jul 21
July 31-Aug 4
Aug 14-Aug 18
Camp costs is
$283 for Repsol Members and $332 for Non Members.
Try Synchro Session will be held at the Inglewood Pool from 5:30pm to 6:30pm on
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Monday, June 5th, 2017
Wednesday June 7th, 2017
The Calgary Aquabelles are offering free synchronized swimming sessions to give boys and girls aged 7 through 12 the opportunity to try out this unique sport, no strings attached. Your child can spend two hours learning fundamental synchronized swimming moves in a fun and supportive environment. This program offers parents a “safe” way for their child to try this sport before committing to a camp, pre-competitive or competitive program.
Our fourth annual AQB Swim-a-Thon will be held on December 7th (Wildrose) and the 11th (NAG) 2016! During regular training time, all Aquabelles athletes will combine their conditioning with fun and fundraising in our annual club fundraiser, the AQB Swim-a-Thon!
The AQB Swim-a-Thon is the Club’s official fundraising event for the year and a great opportunity for our athletes to get involved with helping to support the club they love! For 2016/17, the fundraising goal of the AQB Swim-a-Thon is for each swimmer to raise $200, with hopes of far exceeding that amount!
SO, HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Each family receives an AQB Swim-a-Thon pledge sheet. Swimmers are encouraged to get involved and help collect pledges from family, friends, and corporate sponsors – either for a fixed amount or a per length pledge.
2. Once the event is complete, all pledge sheets with funds must be turned in to the Aquabelles Office or Greg Hansen at Talisman. Payment may be made with the cash collected, via online payment through your account (please email the office with the scanned pledge sheet and total so Irene knows what it is for!) or with one cheque made out to Calgary Aquabelles. All pledge forms and funds must be turned in by December 16th.
3. There will be prizes given in December after the event for the swimmer in each age group (WR 10&U, 12&U and 13-15, NAG 13-15 and Junior) who swims the most lengths in the hour. We also have door prizes at both venues and snacks and drinks for the athletes after their swim.
4. For both Wildrose and NAG, there is a grand prize draw as well. Athletes are given one entry into the draw for raising the minimum $200 amount. An extra draw entry is given for every additional $25 raised.
5. All funds raised will go towards supporting the Club and are not distributed back to swimmer accounts.
6. The Calgary Aquabelles Synchronized Swimming Club is a registered non-profit organization but is not a designated charitable organization and thus unable to issue tax receipts for donations. All the money raised from the AQB Swim-a-Thon is used to help offset the cost of pool rental fees, coaching fees, equipment, and other expenses.
Please note, as this is a mandatory fundraiser, $200 is the minimum amount that is required for each registered athlete. If your swimmer is unable to participate December, the $200 donation is still required to be submitted. Amounts still outstanding on April 30th, 2017 will result in a $300 posting to the swimmer’s account on the May 2017 statement.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
We have a couple of ways to sign up on VolunteerSpot:
1. Volunteer to count lengths at Inglewood pool on December 7th starting at 4:45 pm… we need at least 2 counters per lane at both Inglewood and Talisman.
2. Volunteer to count lengths at Talisman pool on December 11th starting at 8:45 am… we need at least 2 counters per lane at both Inglewood and Talisman
3. Volunteer to bring snacks or drinks for the athletes after they finish.
Watch for the VolunteerSpot invitation coming out soon to sign up!