Jenn Tregale, Head Coachheadcoach@aquabelles.com
Jenn provides a wealth of knowledge and exprience to the athletes she coaches as well as the coaching staff with whom she works. Some of her recent accomplishments include:2013
- Received the Coaching Recognition Award, bestowed by the Alberta Sport, Recreation, Parks and Wildlife Foundation.
- Coached Juniors to 3 gold medals at the Canadian Open (Claudia Holzner and Gabriella Brisson in duet, Tribal Team and Olympic Combo). Coached Gabriella Brisson to silver medals in solo and figures. Coached Claudia Holzner to bronze medals in figures and solo.
- Tribal team and Olympic members: Gabriella Brisson, Claudia Holzner, Jordan Mckenzie, Savannah Sami-Bacon, Kaylene Scheil, Erica Slavin, Valerie Titov, Kali Wong & Olivia Zawadiuk
- Named as Head Coach of the Junior Worlds Team competing in Volos, Greece. Placed 4 athletes on the Junior Worlds Team: Brisson, Holzner, Scheil and Erica Slavin.
- Coached Junior National Team to 5 gold medals at the UANA Pan American Championships in figures, solo, duet, team and combo. Three Aquabelles were on the team: Holzner, Brisson and Kaylene Scheil.
- Coached Juniors to 5 gold medals at the Canadian Open (Claudia Holzner in figures and solo, Holzner and Gabriella Brisson in duet, Gladiator Team and Cotton Eyed Joe Combo). Also coached to silver medal (Brisson in figures) and bronze in solo (Brisson)
- Gladiator team members: Gabriella Brisson, Claudia Holzner, Leah Malcolm, Jordan Mckenzie, Savannah Sami-Bacon, Kaylene Scheil, Erica Slavin, Kali Wong & Katrina Waldhauser
- Cotton Eyed Joe combo members: Madison Allen, Gabriella Brisson, Claudia Holzner, Leah Malcolm, Jordan Mckenzie, Savannah Sami-Bacon, Kaylene Scheil, Braley Traub, Katrina Waldhauser
- Coached Senior to 3 gold medals at the Canadian Open (Madison Allen in tech duet and duet championship and Allen in senior solo tech)
- Named Team Alberta Head Coach for the Canada Winter Games
- Assistant Coach of the Synchro Canada Junior Worlds Team, who won Bronze in solo, duet, and team
- Coached Tier 6 15&Under Team and Combo Team to Silver medals and Duet Bronze at Espoir Nationals
- Coached Tier 7 Jr Team, Duet, and Solo to Bronze and Combo to Silver at Canadian Open
- Named Head Coach of the Synchro Canada National Junior Team, leading to 5 Gold Medals at the Junior Pan-American Championships
- Coached Tier 6 15&Under Team (Jungle team) to Bronze medal at Espoir Nationals
- Coached Tier 7 Senior Tech Team (Jitterbug team) to gold medal at Canadian Open
- Coached Tier 7 Senior Solo (Courtenay Grant) and Duet (Emily Brooks/Rosilyn Tegart) to gold medals at Canadian Open
- Named Head Coach for the Synchro Canada National B Team
- Named assistant coach to Junior National Team
- Coached Canadian Open Senior Soloist Gold Medal
- Coached Canadian Open Senior Team Bronze Medalists
- Nominated by Synchro Alberta for Coaching award in outstanding achievements in Synchro in the province of Synchronized Swimming
- Received the Suzanne Eon Coaching Award: Recognition in commitment to coaching excellence. Also in recognition for placing swimmers in finals at nationals.
- Co-coached Canadian Open Junior Duet 4th place (Brianna D’Amico, Courtenay Grant, Samantha Larose)
- Co-coached Canadian Open Junior Solo Bronze Medalist (Alison McKenny)
- Co-coached Canadian Open Combo Team Bronze Medalists (Funky team)
- Co-coached Canadian Open Junior Team Bronze Medalists (Stampede team)
- Became Head Coach of the Calgary Aquabelles
Jessica Best, NAG Coach
Jessica joined the club in 2013 and is an NCCP level 3 certified coach. She has been coaching since 2005 and coaches both 13-15 and junior national age group swimmers. Jessica’s philosophy as a coach is to develop her athlete’s passion of competitive synchronized swimming and lifelong love of sport, while helping them in their personal growth and becoming their own person.
Some of her major accomplishments to date include:
- Received the 2015 Terry Hambrook memorial trophy for most promising 13-15 coach
- Coached 13-15 “Chase” team to 3 gold medals, including figures, duet, and team at 2015 Espoir
- Head coach for 2015 13-15 Provincial Team
- Apprentice coach 2014 Junior National Team
- Head coach for 2014 13-15 Provincial Team, 5th at UANA Championships
- Coach for 2013 13-15 Provincial Team, participated in Walnut Creek camp
- Received the 2012 DIVA award, synchro Alberta
Sarah Alexander, NAG Coach
Sarah was a member of the club for 17 years, 5 of which were on the National Team. In 2001, she won a bronze medal at the World Championships in the team event. After retiring from the sport in 2002, Sarah helped coach the Seniors (Tier 7) and extra routines (Tier 6 and 7) for a few years. These days, she enjoys Ashtanga yoga and her career as a Civil Engineer both of which have helped her to develop an interesting perspective on the sport. Sarah always gives it her best, even if it means leading by example and doing splits with the swimmers.
The Aquabelles are also very proud to announce that Sarah Alexander recently was the recipient of the Suzanne Eon Award. The award is given in the name of the long-time coach and innovator from Quebec. The trophy is awarded during the Canadian Open to reward outstanding coaching performance and to encourage the recipient to continue coaching. Huge Congratulations Sarah!
Jaime Thompson, NAG Coach
Jaime joined our coaching staff in 2011 and is a level 3 coach. She is also a Master Learning Facilitator and Evaluator. Her major accomplishments to date include:
- Head Coach of Team - NS 2007 Canada Games Team
- Assistant Coach 2009 Provincial Team Alberta 4th at US Open
- Head Coach 2010 Provincial Team Alberta 3rd at US Open
- 2011 Team - Alberta Canada Games Apprentice coach/Integrated support team
- 2012 13-15 Coach with Calgary Aquabelles silver medal in team, gold in combo. Placed Halle Pratt on 13-15 National team. Gold in all team and Combo events leading up to Nationals.
- 2012 Apprentice coach Jr National team
Kelly Kryczka-Irwin, Wildrose Coach
Kelly is a key member of our coaching staff. She is a former Synchro Olympian, winning Silver in duet at the 1984 Olympics in LA. Kelly has too many achievements to list. Rest assured, she brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the Aquabelles program.
Madison Allen, Wildrose Coach
Madison has been involved in synchronized swimming for 13 years. She swam with the Edmonton Auroras for 10 years before moving to Calgary to swim for the Calgary Aquabelles. Maddie swam on the 2007 13-15 National team and on the 2009 and 2010 Provincial teams that participated in the US Open. Maddie won Nationals is Senior Solo tech Duet and Combo, and in 2011 she went to the Canada Winter Games in Halifax, placing 2nd in team and 3rd in duet.
Madison has been coaching with the Aquabelles since 2010.
Myrna Kruger, Wildrose Coach
Myrna Kruger started swimming with the Aquabelles at the age of 9. She went on to swim on the Canadian National Team and won Gold in team at the Swedish Open.
Upon retiring from synchro, Mayrna started coaching with the Aquabelles. When she moved to Vancouver Island to pursue her studies, Myrna started a synchronized swimming club in Nanaimo that continues to be operational today.
Myrna swam in two International synchro shows, The Aquacade in Brisbane, Australia and another show in Japan. Myrna also swam for the Calgary Aquamums for 11 years while her daughter, Adora, currently swims with the Aquabelles in 13-15 NAG.